Friday, September 17, 2010

My Baby is Back!

It's been a long six weeks, but Donnie is back to himself again (I almost forgot what he was like!).  Yesterday when he woke up from his nap he was Mr. Personality.  I'm so happy to have my little guy healthy and crazy once again.  We dropped Cadynce off at school this morning and then we went to the park to play.  He did as much climbing as he could, and then we went for a walk through the woods.  He loves the outdoors.  While on our walk he looked for every bump, hole and rock to step in, on or over.  My goal is to use the time Cadynce is at school to explore with Donnie and do what he loves.  It's his time to have ALL of my attention.  His vocabulary has exploded in the past month (I'm probably the only one who knows what he's saying).  I feel like he's this giant little boy...I think he's really tall right now for his age.  I just stare at this cute little boy and I can't believe he's only 15 months old.  Well, I could talk all day about Donnie, but I will spare you every little detail about him.  On to Cadynce...

Cadynce LOVES school.  She is only there on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9-12.  She is excited to go, but she's always excited to see me when I pick her up (that's not something I'm used to).  When we get home from school we have lunch together, and we talk about her day and everything she did at school.  She loves her teacher, and when I pick her up from school she is always sitting with Mrs. April reading a book...today she was sitting in her lap with a look on her face that showed she was completely into the story.  I could see the questions forming in her expression.  She is curious about everything and wants to know how everything works.  We've talked about surgery, car accidents (we see many), and what to do in an emergency.  If I fall and knock myself out, I know I am in good hands.  She knows who to call and our address to get them here.  We have such great conversations in the car!!

No comments: