Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of School

This morning was Cadynce's first day of school.  She was so excited this morning when she woke up.  We were busy all morning getting ready until it was time to leave.  When we got to school I signed her in, cleaned her hands, then she finds her name tag to give to Mrs. April and tell her good morning.  I hardly even got a kiss good-bye from her...she was ready to have fun.  The kids are free to play with whatever they want for about an hour.  There is an art room full of all kinds of stuff (paints, play-doh, crayons, markers, stamps) and they are encouraged to do whatever they would like.  There is a bigger room that is full of different activities, toys, and imaginary play.  They have snack time, chapel time, and outdoor play before meeting with just their class of nine kids and their teacher.

While Cadynce was at school, Donnie and I got to sit and read the same book over and over and over again without any interruptions.  He kept saying "ith.  ba-ba" which means "Sis, bye-bye."  We then went to playgroup, and he got to have some play time with the other little ones.  Soon it was time to pick up Cadynce, and Donnie was so happy to have his "Sis" back.  They giggled at each other the whole ride home.  When we got home Cadynce said, "thank you for taking me to school Mommy."  View Album for more pictures. (I wish I had control over the order of the pics in the album...they are not in order).

No comments: