Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Here's the Story...

After a pretty uneventful 10 months it was getting close to my due date of April 14, 2007. I woke up April 10 which was a Tuesday morning and went to work at 9am feeling a little uncomfortable. At about 12:00pm I decided to leave work early and go home to rest. After eating lunch the discomfort continued and I decided I should be safe and call Don to come home. When Don got home I was half on the bed and half on the floor swaying. He asked what he could do to help and I told him to leave me alone and don't talk to me (in a very loving way). Shortly after Don got home I started feeling contractions in my back and they were much more uncomfortable. After a few contractions in my back Don said they were 3 minutes apart and we needed to get to the hospital. We grabbed our bags, put the dogs in their cage, and hopped in the car. It was about a 25 minute drive to the hospital and I had contractions the entire way there. Don asked if I wanted to be dropped off at the emergency room, but I told him he could park and we could walk in. We finally arrived at the nurses station and they said there were no rooms ready so we would be placed in a triage room with several others. I found myself again half on the bed and half on the floor while the nurse kept asking me questions I didn't care to answer. I finally had to lay on the bed so they could examine me to see how dilated I was and the look on the nurses face said it all. That's right, I showed up at the hospital 10cm and ready to push. They immediately got me to a room and said when you feel the urge to push go for it. I pushed for one hour and delivered our beautiful girl Cadynce Noelle Clark at 6:14pm. She was 6 lbs 6oz and 20 inches long. View Album for more pictures.

The next day I was feeling really good and decided to take a nap since I didn't sleep the night before. When I woke up I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I thought for sure if anything was going to be sore it would be my legs, but my arms, shoulders, and back was where I felt it.

Don stayed with us on the chair that pulled out into a bed and would get up in the morning to go home and take care of our dogs. The chair couldn't have been that uncomfortable because when Cadynce would wake up screaming and crying in the middle of the night he didn't even blink and it took me a good 5 minutes to get myself out of bed. View Album for more pictures.

No comments: